“Community Programs” - refers to any Phoenix holiday camp, clinic, community activity, member day, community corporate function or any additional event advertised through our website Community portal.
“Participant” – the individual who is actively participating in the activity defined by the community program.
“SEMP” – South East Melbourne Phoenix basketball club.
“Legal Guardian” - someone who has the authority, as well as the obligation, to handle and care for the personal interests and properties of another individual.
By registering the participant/s into the SEMP Community Programs, You, the parent/ legal guardian and registered participant agree to the following terms & conditions.
- Registrations for Community Programs must be completed online through the Club website semphoenix.com.au, found under the Community tab. Registrations are subject to a maximum number of participants. This number may be determined by location, availability of activity spaces, health and safety legal requirements and overall experience requirements. Registrations will be accepted on a first come, first served priority basis.
- A parent or legal guardian must register on behalf of the participant if the participant is under the age of 18 at the time of the registration. SEMP will not knowingly accept any registration or associated personal information including medical information online without authorization from the designated parent or legal guardian on all official registration documents.
- For Community Programs, SEMP collects personal information (including any relevant personal health information provided at registration or during the community program) provided by you to confirm registration, collate and maintain a Community database, enable safe participation, comply with SEMP’s legal obligations and it’s rights to deliver community programs.
- Upon accepting the Terms and Conditions you give authority for SEMP to share or disclose the participant/s personal information including health information to third parties for any reasonably expected purpose relating to the event or otherwise required by law.
- By completing registration and agreeing to the terms and conditions, it is understood that the participant is taking part at his or her own risk.
- The participant acknowledges that they are fit and not suffering any health concerns or injuries that will be aggravated by participating in the activity or program. Any injury or illness must be disclosed by the participant/legal guardian to SEMP staff at the time of online registration or on the event day. Should the injury or illness be deemed a health and safety risk to the participant or other Community Program participants, SEMP reserve the right to exclude the participant from participating further in the Community Program activities.
- The participant, parent and/or legal guardian will exclude SEMP staff, representative, contractors, volunteers and/or any medical staff provided by SEMP of any responsibility to the participants person or property as a result of injury, illness, theft or detriment that the participant may suffer participating in the Community Program.
- You, the parent/legal guardian, give permission for the SEMP staff and Community Program staff to act accordingly and seek any medical attention for the participant if required at the event. If an ambulance is called for the participant by SEMP, the cost of the ambulance and any associated medical treatment will be at your own expense.
- The parent/legal guardian and the participant acknowledge and consent SEMP to have full rights to use the images obtained from photography and videography at Community Program activities and any reproductions or adaptation of this content. Use may include (but not limited to) print and online promotional material, social media and press releases ongoing. If the participant and/or their parent/legal guardian does not wish to be photographed, you must advise the Club via email at email@example.com prior to the event commencement.